Brooklyn Arts Announcements
Click the image below to see the Brooklyn Arts School Profile.
Brooklyn Arts students traveled across Europe over the Winter Break, as part of our annual trip abroad!!! Students went to Prague, Budapest, and other amazing sights!
Brooklyn Arts Instrumentalists collaborate with students from Deerfield Academy. Events included master classes, a concert in our auditorium, a trip to Carnegie Hall, and a "pop up" concert in The Oculus! What an amazing weekend!!!
Brooklyn High School of the Arts is proud to announce that Senior, Ivana Avila has been awarded the prestigious Posse Foundation Scholarship. (see below for more info).
Congratulations to senior Karina Teslenko whose portfolio received THREE "Gold Keys" from the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, a prestigious national program. Her works will be featured at the metropolitan Museum of Art!
Brooklyn Arts student Mekhi Chong performing on CBS to promote our students' appearance at Radio City! Brooklyn Arts students will return to Radio City again this year!!
All parents are invited for a painting class April 5th at 6PM. Pick up a ticket at the Parent Association meeting on March 20th at 6PM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Congratulations to all first round acceptances for the 2019-2020 school year. New student orientation will be held June 12th at 6 PM.
- Students interested in applying for the second round (only instrumental seats remain) should check with their middle school guidance counselors and set up an interview or audition by clicking here.
- All parents are invited for a painting class April 5th at 6PM. Pick up a ticket at the Parent Association meeting on March 20th at 6PM. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Brooklyn High School of the Arts is proud to announce that Senior, Ivana Avila has been awarded the prestigious Posse Foundation Scholarship. Over 3400 students across the Nation applied for this award, going through a rigorous, highly competitive, vetting process. The Posse Foundation identifies students with positive team skills, academic persistence, and a commitment to making a difference in the candidates life, as well as their community. Ivana will receive a full, 4-year scholarship (value of over $200,000) to DuPauw University’s School of Music in Indiana. She is a scholar-artist who recently performed with the New York State School Music Association’s All-State Concert Band as a clarinetist. Additionally, she is maintaining a 3.5 G.P.A. Congratulations to Ivana, her family, and to her School Counselor, Ms. Sapana Aidasani, who played a large role in attaining this award.
- Brooklyn Arts Alumni! Register for our alumni association at https://tinyurl.com/AlumniBrooklynArts
- Congratulations to the Brooklyn Arts Breast Cancer Walk Team for meeting their goal!!!
- Read about Brooklyn Arts student artwork featured in Times Square (click here).
- Congratulations to Brooklyn Arts teacher Wendy DelValle, winner of the Sloan Award for Excellence in teaching.
- Brooklyn Arts is now one of just 15 schools in NYC to be an AP Capstone affiliate. Read more about this tremendous student program (click here).
- Brooklyn Arts' students perform In China (click here).